Dr. Ellis utilizes a unique approach when treating patients. In addition to traditional chiropractic treatments we use a unique combination of soft-tissue and related manual therapies combined with exercise in order to get you better, faster! Dr. Ellis is always up to date on the latest research in physical medicine in order to provide the best in evidence based care!
- Spinal Manipulation
- Myofascial Release
- NIMMO® Trigger Point Therapy
- ConnecTX® IASTM
- Electric Stimulation
- Hot Therapy
- Cold Therapy
- RockTape PMT®
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Nutritional Counseling (See Nutritional Services)
ConnecTX® Instrument Assisted Soft-Tissue Mobilization (IASTM):
ConnecTX® therapy is a unique approach to manual therapy which address's fascial restrictions, and fibrosis (scar tissue) build up in muscles which occurs due to repetitive stress's on the body.
How Does it work?
- Controlled micro trauma is applied to restricted tissue
- Stimulates a local inflammatory response in area treated
- Initiates reabsorption of fibrosis/scar tissue through a cascade of healing events
- Tissue remodeling to restore full function of the muscle
Beyond Trigger Point Therapy NIMMO Technique address's areas of neurological shortcuts in muscles or "trigger points." NIMMO treatment address's all aspects of the pain system by treating the primary and all secondary trigger points resulting in often resolution of soft-tissue pain.
How Does it Work?
- Your Practitioner supplies specific amount of pressure to trigger point interrupting the pain impulse and allowing the muscle to relax.
- One by one the pain cycle is broken down and neurological function is restored to muscles preventing future injury.
Rocktape is kinesiology tape that moves with you! Your muscles are covered by fascia. Fascia encases your muscles, giving them structure. Under normal circumstances the muscles are allowed them to glide within the fascial sheath. During times of stress or injury the muscles become irritated and inflamed. This irritation causes adhesions to form between the fascia and muscle. RockTape produces tenting of the fascia decreasing inflammation and pain.
How Does it Help?
- Decrease Pain- RockTape stimulates nerve endings in your skin to decrease pain! Many patients experience immediate relief.
- Decrease Swelling/Inflammation- RockTape works by "tenting" the skin. This separates the internal layers of the skin allowing for greater blood flow to the area removing harmful byproducts produced by inflammation.
- Delayed Muscle Fatigue- Research has shown that RockTape applied to the skin can reduce muscle fatigue.
- Restore Proper Muscle Tone- When you injure one area of your body others are ultimately effected due to faulty movement patterns. RockTape helps to restore "tone" meaning that is calms down over-active muscles and activates dormant muscles.
- Spread Physical Stress- RockTape allows the patient to move freely. Unlike conventional taping which is meant to restrict movement of an area RockTape allows stress on muscles, ligaments, and tendons to be spread equally across other muscle groups, decreasing the stress on the injured area.
SFMA® Selective Functional Movement Assessment
The SFMA is a diagnostic system that looks at movements to determine dysfunctional patterns in patients.This structured,repeatable assessment allows practioners to find the cause of pain, not just the source. This system is ideal for evaluating patients in a sports medicine setting, and diagnosing difficult, exercise induced myopathies.